Our holiday at the end of May seems like a VERY long time ago now, and we had such terrible wet weather, its hard to believe the difference a month makes, and now at least we are having a bit of summer finally.
We went away in our motorhome for a few days and stayed in a lovely site at Chertsey, close to the train station to London, where we spent a day at the Sealife centre and shopping, although we did get completely washed out in London. It was the worst rain in a while... typical for the half term week. The week we got back I was sweltering hot in my studio... its just the way it goes.
I bought some lovely fabric in Liberty to add to my Liberty fabric stash, now I have more than enough to make a quilt (or two !)
I took my Singer featherweight sewing machine with me for the first time along with an applique project too, for those cooler wetter nights cozying up in the van. Most of my project was cutting and fusing and cutting again .... no noise in that, but one day when the boys went on a bike ride, I had a few hours to myself on my sewing machine... I managed to get all of my dresden blades done which have a folded 3D insert between the blades, which add another dimension to it.. its going to be a while til this one is finished, but I am already thinking of ways to quilt it.... custom of course for this one.
After making over 400 blades and drawing and cutting countless applique pieces, my husband finally conceded that he wouldn't have the patience to make one let alone 400! I will take it as a rare compliment about my quilting.
When we got home (a day early due to the washout weather) I machine appliqued the centre block. I am using the blanket stitch on my pfaff creative 2.0 on this project, and was pretty pleased with the finish.
Now I just need to get on and finish the machine stitching on the four large setting triangles and four little ones... I only really do my own piecing of quilt tops on the weekends these days so it was nice to get a bit of a head start on holiday when I had a few hours to myself.