I have had a 3 or 4 metre piece of fleece in my "stash" for a couple of years now, and have always intended it to be longarm quilted into a double layered fleece throw as an experiment more than anything, well today I "found" the bag containing the fleece whilst quickly tidying up a shelf, and decided to make it into a finished project and free up some shelf space too. I thought it would make a nice throw for my sofa in my studio, and a sample of the Alfresco design to show customers at the same time. You would not believe though that I used a bright green thread on this (I have a cushion on the sofa which is pink and green striped if you are wondering why bright green) I was quite disappointed though that the thread has just completely disappeared into the fleece pile and you can't see the colour. I used my largest stitch length and loosened up the tension, but still I can't see the stitches. The quilting definition though is great and the design scale is also nice and open. Quite often I have requests that the quilting not be too close together, and some of my new pantographs have these requests in mind.
I brought it home to bind at a later time, and already my youngest has been snuggling under it all night staking his claim to it despite the flowers, and already requesting his own fleece quilt with a boys design....... I didn't add any wadding inbetween the layers, and I am glad that I didn't as it is quite warm and fairly heavy as it is. I may try one with wadding to see if the stitches are more noticible.