The pantograph used on this quilt is called "vertigo!" which was very apt as it did make me feel a little dizzy temporarily towards the end of the quilt. I was alot of fun to do, although tricky. It may look like a simple design, but it is the hardest shape to produce on a longarm machine. The longer the curve the harder to maintain a smooth line, but once you get into the rythmn it goes well.
I may have explained in my last post that I impulsively purchased a set of Japanese taupe fabrics at a talk with a local quilt group. I pieced it over the next couple of weekends as I don't get much time for piecing in the week.
I love the colours, and although I had thoughts about quilting it a little more intricately for a short time and maybe to quilt the borders separately, I am so glad that I quilted an allover design on it, due to all of the colours going on in the quilt I don't think too much would have shown up, (not to mention the time aspect of detailed quilting !)
I used Hobbs wool for the first time, and it gives a nice quilting definition, however I would not use it out of a precut packet again, as it did not lay flat and bowed in a few places, which caused a few problems with controlling the quilt top over it. I would however use it from a roll as it would be nice and flat. The wadding itself was very nice.
I have used a batik backing which in hindsight perhaps was a little bit extravagant, and a little wasteful of a lovely bolt of batik which won't be seen on the back and which would be nice for a quilt top. It also has a very crisp finish, but I am sure it will soften up quite nicely with its first wash. Just need to bind it, then it is all ready for our bed. Hope to finish it over the coming weekend.